The ICT Promotion involves building the enabling environment that facilitates investment and entrepreneurship in the ICT sector, through adopting strategies, policies, and programs that supports and attracts investment and entrepreneurship in our digital economy. This function will ensure continuous investment growth in the ICT sector and that ICT entrepreneurs will be at the center of the plans to achieve socially sustainable and inclusive development goals and create job opportunities for our youth.
In line with that, the ICT Commission provides the following functions in the area of ICT Promotion:
- Promote ICT Professionals.
- Promote Startups and Micro and Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME): Startups and SMEs are the backbones of the global economy. Globally they account for 50% of employment ad 90% of businesses.
- Promote Regions in the digital economy(e.g. Dar es Salaam as ICT Driver and Engine of Growth).
- Promote Tanzania to be competitive in the Digital Economy.
To achieve that the ICT Commission will coordinate promotion activities in the following digital transformation areas:
- Pillar 1: Digital Skills and Education
- Pillar 2: Digital Security and Trust
- Pillar 3: Digital Telecommunication Services
- Pillar 4: Digital Economy
- Pillar 5: Digital Innovation and Research